The Board of Directors (“the Board”) of the Company is pleased to present the summary abridged results for the year ended 28 February 2021.
The key financial indicators reflected in these financial results are:
- Net asset value increased by 34% year on year, from a balance of R647 million to R864 million;
- Investment income increased by 79% year on year, from R105 million to R188 million;
- Total income before tax increased by 84% year on year, from R90 million to R166 million;
- Total income after tax increased by 87% year on year, from R70 million to R131 million;
- Basic earnings per share and headline earnings per share increased by 67%, to R2,18 per share (2020: R1,31 per share);
- Net asset value per share increased by 15%, to R13,36 per share (2020: R11,56 per share); and
- The board approved and declared a final gross dividend of 15 ZAR cents per “A” ordinary share from income reserves for the year ended 28 February 2021 (2020: 0 ZAR cents per share).