RH Bophelo Limited (RH Bophelo) listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in July 2017. We raised funds in excess of R500 million and the listing gave us to access the initial capital required to start operating.
The listing opened doors for the general public to acquire shares in a fully black-owned and entirely African healthcare company that offers growth and immediate returns in a defensive asset class.
The capital raised was used to acquire: 3 entry level hospitals; 4 specialised services hospitals; and medical insurance business (financial services) to facilitate access of the uninsured population.
The Directors and the management team have significant experience in the healthcare sector and are well-positioned in the market to implement the Company’s strategy and vision.
The Company’s strategy is to increase access to quality healthcare services, while also creating an ecosystem designed to optimise synergies that deliver value to South Africans in the lower to middle-income brackets.
RH Bophelo has made eight acquisitions since its inception in 2017, giving the Company access to 665 beds, 8 hospitals within four provinces, a nursing college, emergency services, pharmacy, complete facilities management, hospital management, healthcare insurance and emergency administration services.
Significant milestones and changes:
- In June 2017, the Company listed as a SPAC on the JSE.
- In October 2017, we announced the acquisition of assets.
- In May 2018, we obtained approval for the acquisition of the assets.
- In May 2018, we applied for a reclassification from a SPAC to an investment holding entity.
- In October 2018, RH Bophelo was classified as a Section 15 investment company by the JSE, under listed equities.
- In September 2019, we aquired Genric, a short-term underwriter.
RH Bophelo is determined to continue targeting businesses or companies that are strategically aligned to its value system.